1) Legal children of Smart “E” “I” and “S” holders wishing to work in Thailand must apply for a work permit at One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS), following the criteria and regulations set by the Department of Employment.
2) The job must not be on prohibited list of occupations and professions for foreigners.
Smart Visa holders wishing to extend their permission to stay under Smart Visas must apply for a renewal of qualification endorsement at Smart Visa Extension at least 60 days before the expiry of Smart Visa.
After being notified of the result of qualification endorsement, the Smart visa holders must proceed with applying for Smart Visa extension at the Immigration Bureau at One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS) , 18th Floor, Chamchuri Square Building, Bangkok before the expiry of Smart Visa.
Documents need to be presented at the time of Smart Visa extension are as follows.
The processing fee is 10,000 Baht per year of visa permission (cash only), for example the permitted duration of 1 year 4 months will cost 20,000 Baht and has to be paid to the Immigration at the time of visa extension.
If you need to transfer a Smart Visa to a new passport, you must apply to have your Smart Visa transferred at the Immigration at One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS). The required documents are as follows;
4.1 Smart Visa holders must report the address of current residence to the Immigration at One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS) on a yearly basis, counting from the date of receiving permission to stay in Thailand. This can be done 15 days before or 7 days after the due date. However, in the case of re-entering the Kingdom, the report is due in one year from the date of the latest arrival.
4.2 Smart Visa holders must report their status and eligibility for Smart Visa at Status Report Form on a yearly basis counting from the issuance date of the notification letter.
Procedures for Smart Visa cancellation/termination at One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS) are as follows.
1. Smart Visa holder who would like to cancel or terminate Smart Visa before or on the expiry date of Smart Visa must notify in written to the Smart Visa Unit by filling out SMART VISA TERMINATION REQUEST FORM and email it together with supporting documents to email@example.com as soon as possible. The supporting documents are as follows:
2. Smart Visa holder will be notified via email once the notification letter of Smart Visa termination is ready. After being notified, Smart Visa holder is required to make an appointment via Smart Visa appointment booking system or firstname.lastname@example.org (if the booking system is not available at the time) to schedule the date and time for Smart Visa termination at OSS center.
3. On the actual date, Smart Visa holder must arrive at the OSS center before the appointment time to collect the notification letter of Smart Visa termination from Smart Visa staff.
4. Smart Visa holder gets immigration documents and passport ready and then proceeds to the Immigration side.
5. Smart Visa holder has the Immigration’s information counter officer review the documents. After receiving the queue number, Smart Visa holder waits for the queue number to be called for the termination process at Counter no.15
6. After the Smart Visa termination, a foreigner is advised to leave the country or change to other types of visa before the end date of permission to stay in Thailand, as appeared on the termination stamp.
The Department of Land Transport has established regulations for aliens applying for a driving license to submit work permit or proof of residence in the Kingdom issued by government agencies or foreign government agencies.
Therefore, Smart Visa holders wishing to obtain a personal driving license must provide proof of the current residence which can be obtained from
1. The Embassy or Consulate of their own nationality. For more information please contact the Embassy or Consulate of your nationality directly
2. The Immigration Bureau at One stop service center for visa and work permit (OSS), Chamchuri Square Building by applying for Residence Certificate and submit following documents in person;
Please note that the processing time will takes 15 days after submitting request form.